There’s a big push for skin care products to be made with natural ingredients. It makes sense – you rub this stuff on your face on the daily.
Product ranges like Proraso go hard on the vegetable extracts but leave out artificial colours. (These guys have been around since the 1940’s so they’re clearly doing a good job.)
There are a bunch benefits to be had in these natural ingredients. You want to check the label for goodies such as eucalyptus or menthol. These will refresh and tone the skin, and invigorate the senses – exactly what you need in the mornings.
Other natural ingredients to keep an eye out for include:
- Coconut oil – softens skin and hair, giving you a better shave. It’s also antibacterial so you can say goodbye to shaving induced breakouts.
- Lactic acid – helps break down skin cells and promote cell renewal. It reduces the risk of ingrown hairs and over time, firms the skin.
- Green tea – a powerful antioxidant that fights damage from UV rays. As an anti-inflammatory, it soothes and calms the skin.
- Oatmeal – great for anyone who finds their skin a little sensitive to some products. Use it to reduce the damage done by the sun or harsh chemicals.
- Vitamin E – is all about hydration. It also softens your stubble and gives you a close shave, especially if you’ve got a few acne scars.
These products don’t just give you a great shave, they’ll have you smelling like a manly mix of wood, spice and leather.
Pop into Guys Grooming on Hay St, Perth or check out the online store for everything you need to help you get a perfect shave.